Have Your Loved Ones
Take Care Of You!
And Get Paid!

A Loved One Doesn’t Need a PCA/HHA License to Take Care of:

  • Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Cousins
  • Neighbors
  • Uncles/Aunts
  • and other loved ones!

For years we have implemented a service which allows children, family, and friends to take care of their parents, grandparents and friends and to GET PAID FOR THIS SERVICE.

The state of New York doesn’t require a PCA or HHA certificate to participate in this program. You have the right to program, use supervise and personally control the care of your loved ones.

The Ultimate Guide to the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services Program (CPDAS)

CDPAS is a fantastic program that allows home care consumers to hire the caregiver of their choice, including most family members and friends. If you’re looking into CDPAS for the first time, you probably have a lot of questions. We at 24/7 Homecare have developed this guide to help you understand how the program works and answer your questions.

Want to start CDPAS right away?

Let’s get started! Call us at 718-887-2922 and a CDPAS specialist will guide you through the entire process

Want to start CDPAS right away?

Under the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services Program, you can choose who can take care of you. Since personal assistants are allowed to administer skilled services, they can administer insulin, wound care and other tasks nurses are trained to perform. This new program allows a family member to receive an income while keeping their family responsibilities.

What is CDPAS?

CDPAS is a New York State Medicaid program that allows consumers to recruit, hire, and direct their own personal assistance. One of the highlights of the program is that it allows members to hire family members and friends.

CDPAS Eligibility
Am I eligible for CDPAS?

There are three important criteria that must be met to be eligible for CDPAS:

  1. You must have Medicaid.
  2. You must require home care.
  3. You must be self-directing, or you must have a representative that can direct your care.

Do I need to be in a Medicaid Managed Care plan to receive CDPAS?

NO, please call us to find out more information.

CDPAS Process
How can I get a CDPAS?

There are often several steps involved in the CDPAS process, and it is not just a matter of filling out a few forms. We break down the process into three components:

  1. Assessment(s) – Most consumers seeking CDPAS must be assessed by a nurse (sometimes more than once) before receiving approval to receive CDPAS
  2. Member Forms – Certain forms are required for the CDPAS member. Call us to receive the forms.
  3. Personal Assistant Forms – Certain Forms are required for the Personal Assistant. Call us to receive the forms.

Concerned about all the details? The good news is, we’re here to help you every step of the way. So don’t break a sweat trying to decipher all the different parts of the process. Give us a call and let one of our CDPAS specialists explain the way CDPAS works.

CDPAS Program
Ready to receive CDPAS?

What are you waiting for! Call us now at 718-887-2922. A CDPAS specialist will guide you through the entire process.

How many hours of home care will I get?

Not all CDPAS consumers receive the same number of hours. In fact, there are often vast differences between consumers in the number of hours for which they are approved. Your Medicaid Managed Care plan will make the final determination on how many hours you will receive.

CDPAS Pay Rate and Salary
What is the hourly pay rate that you compensate CDPAS workers?

The hourly pay rate and salary may depend on a number of factors. If you would like to find out more information, please give us a call at 718-887-2922.

Allowed Caregivers
Who Can Provide Care Under CDPAS?

CDPAS consumers can hire almost anyone that is legally allowed to work to be their caregiver, including most family members and friends. However, there are some exceptions. The following are answers to some commonly asked about family members:

Can children provide care for their parents?


Can spouses provide care for each other?


Can a CDPAS personal assistant live at the same address as the member?

YES, the government’s policy states as follows: “a consumer-directed personal assistant may include any other adult relative of the consumer who does not reside with the consumer or any other adult relative who resides with the consumer because the amount of care the consumer requires makes such relative’s presence necessary”.

Home Care Services Allowed
What types of home care services can CDPAS Personal Assistants provide?

Unlike home health aides (HHAs) and personal care aides (PCAs) that are only allowed to provide custodial care such as dressing, bathing, and meal preparation, CDPAS Personal Assistants are also allowed to provide skilled care such as wound care, giving insulin shots, and suctioning tracheostomies.

Applying for Medicaid
What if I don’t have Medicaid?

CDPAS is a Medicaid-based program, and you must have Medicaid. Call your Local Department of Social Services for more information.

Advantages of CDPAS Home Care VS Traditional Home Care
Are there any advantages that CDPAS home care has as opposed to traditional home care?

The following are some advantages of CDPAS home care VS traditional home care:

  1. Close relatives such as children can get paid to provide care.
  2. Personal assistants are not required to have special certification or licensing.
  3. Personal assistants can administer skilled services such as wound care, giving insulin shots, and suctioning tracheostomies.

Why Choose Us?

24/7 Homecare distinguishes itself as one of the premier CDPAS fiscal intermediaries in New York City (NYC) and in all of New York (NY) State. When you work with 24/7 Homecare, you will have dedicated staff helping you with your CDPAS, as well as gathering the necessary paperwork for both you and your Personal Assistant. Upon receiving approval, you will have a dedicated CDPAS Coordinator that will help ensure that everything goes smoothly

We have convenient locations in Brooklyn and Queens but wherever you are in New York (NY) State, we can usually come to you to help complete the necessary paperwork.


Are you looking for a reliable and compassionate aide for your elderly (parent or grandparent)? Wish you could care for them? Do you worry that if you stayed home all day taking care of your loved one, you wouldn’t be able to earn a steady income? Well, then CDPAP is the best option.

We are a premier CDPAPs fiscal intermediary in New York City and all of New York State. Work with us as a CDPA today. Care for your loved one and get paid.  Read on to learn more about the CDPA program.

CDPAP—What is it?

CDPAP is the abbreviation for the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program. It is a home care assistance program designed to empower consumers (your loved one) and their representatives (you or any other family member) to both hire and direct care by themselves. In other words, the consumer and a representative can recruit, train, as well as, direct their very own personal assistants.

The main highlight of the CDPA program is that it is a NY statewide Medicaid sponsored program. This means that the consumers can hire their family members as their personal assistants, who then can get paid for providing care.

Program Benefits

Some of the top benefits of this program are:

  • CDPAP consumers have the flexibility to recruit as many assistants as they want to accommodate their individual needs, lifestyle, and hours authorized
  • Family members can be hired except for their spouse
  • The assistants under the CDPA program are allowed to administer custodial and skilled tasks. This includes tasks like administration of:
  • oxygen and medication
  • Suctioning tracheotomies
  • Insulin
  • Injections

 These skilled tasks can otherwise are only done by registered nurses.

Consumer Eligibility Criteria

For an elderly to qualify for the CDPAP program, they must meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • They must have Medicaid
  • They should need assistance with personal care tasks
  • They must have a stable medical condition
  • They should be eligible for long-term care
  • They should be able to self-direct and meet consumer responsibilities

Who Can Be a Personal Assistant and Their Eligibility Requirements?

Personal assistants can be family members, children, parents, relatives, friends, and acquaintances. In terms of eligibility criteria, there are no stringent requirements for caregivers. Anybody can qualify as long as they are 18 years and above, and can legally work in the US. However, as mentioned earlier, they should not be married to the consumer.

For more information about CDPAP, contact us today.