The combination of aging and illness deprives a person of his/her physical abilities. As a result, it becomes hard for an individual to walk, talk, and manage the simplest of daily activities. This is why homecare agencies, like 24/7 Homecare, provide the finest rehabilitation services. At 24/7 Homecare, we provide excellent rehabilitative services to our clients within the comfort of their own homes. Our services include speech, occupational, and physical therapy. The individuals we employ are licensed and experienced, and they provide personalized rehab services to your loved ones.
Let’s take a look at the rehab services we offer.
1. Speech Therapy
Speech therapy is necessary for individuals when they are recovering from stroke or dementia. You need to consider seeking speech therapy for your loved one if he/she:
- Fails to respond to questions and have a hard time making requests.
- Has a hard time dealing with medical or financial matters.
- Fails to avoid physical harm or situations that are potentially dangerous.
As a person grows older, his/her vocal chords lose their natural elasticity and the larynx muscles start to weaken, which keeps them from talking properly. The good news is that vocal exercises can help them quickly re-learn how to talk. At 24/7 Homecare, our speech pathologists help aging adults maintain and boost their communication and language skills.
2. Physical Therapy
Here are some reasons why your aging loved one should seek physical therapy.
- Reduce back and knees pain
- Regain independence and roam around freely
- Attain a better posture
- Boost bone density
- Reduce the risk of falling
Let’s take a look at some of the risks of skipping physical therapy.
- Lack of movement might develop pneumonia or ulcers among patients.
- Reduced physical activity leads to an increase in heart rate and blood pressure, which often results in strokes and heart attacks.
- Skipping physical therapy affects mental wellbeing and overall quality of life.
- If you move less, your joints start stiffening and aching.
The physical therapists at 24/7 Homecare are experienced in helping patients recover and regain their mobility.
3. Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy assists a patient in enhancing their fine motor skills. By seeking such therapy, a patient can boost his/her daily life activities like dressing up, taking a bath, or going to the toilet, without any assistance.
If you are on the lookout for a therapist to help out your loved one, within the comfort of your own home, 24/7 Homecare is the place for you. To know more about the services we offer, log on to our website, or call us at 718-887-0782.